Japan Management Consulting

Sponsored by JMC. Leader in Consulting, Outsourcing and Payroll services for foreign companies in Japan.

Japan Payroll Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a tax deduction for Medical expenses over 100,000 JPY in the year end adjustment nenmatsu chosei in Japanese?

If you have more than 100,000 JPY medical expenses in a year, it is possible to get some tax deduction.


However to get this tax deduction, you need to file a personal tax return with the tax office.

You can do it yourself by visiting tax office and they can help you or hire a certified tax accountant (zeirishi in Japanese).


This procedure is independent from the year end tax adjustment “nenmatsu chosei”.

 Disclaimer: This information is given for information purpose only . Companies and Employees should consult with a licensed social insurance consultant or certified tax accountant before making any decision